As we write this, we’re in the middle of a too-hot-to-handle heat wave. In our experience, the best way to cool down is to find some shade and sip back a tall glass spiked iced tea.
These are our favourite recipes to date. Each starts with a tea concentrate that’s really easy to make. Cheers to summer & happy sipping.
HOW TO MAKE TEA CONCENTRATE
- 4 Perfect Spoons of tea
- 1 cup of water
- In a steeper, add 4 Perfect Spoons of tea to 1 cup of water at 95°C / 200°F & steep for 5 minutes.
- Then strain into a measuring cup & discard tea leaves.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
CLASSIC LYCHEE BELLINI
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) of Lychee Bellini concentrate
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) of prosecco
- In a champagne flute or wine glass, add 2 oz (1/4 cup) of tea concentrate and 4 oz (1/2 cup) of prosecco
- Garnish with lychee
- ½ oz (1 tbsp) dark rum
- ½ oz (1 tbsp) orange liqueur
- ¼ oz (1/2 tbsp) coconut liqueur
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) orange juice
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) of Bahama Mama concentrate
- Pineapple & orange slices
- Fill a glass with ice, then add dark rum, orange & coconut liqueur, orange juice and tea
- Garnish with pineapple & orange slices