I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! It’s no secret sundaes make the world go round. And with this super-simple no churn ice cream recipe, happiness is just a scoop away. The best part? You can infuse it with any of our sweet and creamy malt-shop-inspired teas. From fruity strawberry and rich vanilla to mint chocolate chip, we’ve got all your old timey favourites.
Try these chilly combos!
- Mint Chip Sundae – Fold in ¼ cup mini chocolate chips with the condensed milk and add a few drops green food colouring.
- Vanilla Swirl – Add 1 tsp vanilla extract while whipping the cream, and fold in ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts and/or mini white chocolate chips.
- Strawberry Shake – Add in ¼ cup finely chopped fresh or frozen strawberries and a few drops red food colouring.
Which Malt Shop tea are you most excited to infuse your ice cream with? Tell us in the comments below or show us your no churn ice cream pics on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #DTrecipes. We can’t wait to see all of your frosty treats!
Tea-Infused No churn Ice cream
- 2 Perfect Spoonfuls of any tea from our Malt Shop collection
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk (about 1 can)
|In a small bowl, add tea and hot water and let steep for at least 1 minute.|
|In a small saucepan, bring 1½ cups heavy cream to a simmer on medium-low heat. Take off the heat, add the steeped tea (without straining), then cover and let steep for another 10 minutes. Strain into a small bowl and chill until very cold.|
|Pour frozen tea-infused cream mix into a large bowl and add the remaining ½ cup cream. Whip until thick enough to form peaks. Fold in sweetened condensed milk.|
|Transfer to a loaf pan or casserole dish and cover. Chill in the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight.|
|Serve in a bowl or ice cream cone.|