It’s official: Smoothies aren’t just for Californians anymore. Usually made with fruit, veggies & a few other nutritious ingredients, smoothies have enjoyed a boost in popularity over the past few years.
Have you tried adding matcha green tea powder to your feel-good blend? Matcha provides a dose of all the good antioxidants and a boost of jitter-free energy. Plus, the flavour is something you’ll want to write home about.
To help you get started on your matcha smoothie journey, we’ve created three different recipes using our Matcha Matsu, Peach Matcha and Maple Matcha . Each recipe uses a plant-based milk, so they’re good for our vegan or non-dairy friends too.
Pro tip: Add your favourite protein powder to the mix.
HOW TO MAKE EACH RECIPE
- Whisk specified matcha in 2 oz of warm water (to avoid clumping)
- In a blender, add all ingredients + your whisked matcha & blend until smooth.
- Serve in a large glass
BANANA + DATTES + MATCHA MATSU
Banana + dates + Matcha Matsu
- 2 Matcha Spoons Matcha matsu
- 1 large Banana
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 cup Oat milk
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
MANGO + GINGER + PEACH MATCHA
Mango + ginger + Peach Matcha
- 5 Matcha Spoons Peach Matcha
- 1 fresh mango, pitted & peeled or (1 cup frozen mango)
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Top with a sprinkle of Peach Matcha
PEAR + COCOA POWDER + MAPLE MATCHA
Pear + cocoa powder + Maple Matcha
- 5 Matcha Spoons Maple matcha
- 1 pear
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- Top with cocoa powder (optional)