Happy Pride month, tea fam!
For the third year in a row, we’re celebrating Pride by partnering with the It Gets Better Project, a non-profit organization that aims to uplift, empower, and connect LGBTQ+ youth around the world. This year, 10% of proceeds from all DAVIDsTEA Rainbow products will be donated to the organization to help support their educational and community-building initiatives. This is how we sip with pride –all tea, no shade.
Fruit infusion – Caffeine-free
With ripe and juicy citrus, fresh pineapple and raspberry, this tart and refreshing blend tastes like a twisted lemonade.
DAVIDsTEA Supporting Pride
If there’s anything we love more than tea it’s actually connecting with our community. That includes you, tea-lover! In addition to our partnerships and donations, in past years we’ve also participated in Pride Parades and other community events to support the LGBTQ+ community. We can’t wait to get back to sharing tea at fun events, but in the meantime, we invite you to help us support the It Gets Better Project by sipping from our Rainbow Collection – DAVIDsTEA will make a donation with 10% of the proceeds. This year’s collection features Rainbow Lemonade tea in different formats, fun hard goods, and sweet SQUISH gummies* (*only available on the Canadian side of the DAVIDsTEA website).
Diversity & Inclusion at DAVIDsTEA
If you’ve ever tried some of our teas, you might know that at DAVIDsTEA we love variety. This stretches far beyond our search for special ingredients and interesting tea blends, taking root in the values that guide us as a company. We embrace people’s differences and celebrate unique perspectives! “People Positivitea” is one of our guiding principles, here are some of the ways we implement it in our teams and communities:
- Build a diverse, inclusive and supportive company culture
- Offer welcoming customer service experiences
- Promote community-building in the tea industry and beyond
PRIDE from the DAVIDsTEA family:
Even though sometimes our family can’t understand us on certain levels, I’ve realized having supportive friends and co-workers around me makes me feel just as comfortable to openly express myself & my bi-sexuality. Having a support system so open to loving me no matter what gender I love has made me realize I don’t have to settle or apologize for being who I am. Doing your best not to be afraid to be yourself is the strongest, most freeing thing you can do, and it really does get BETTER ❤️🌈
– Alexis, Hamilton
DAVIDsTEA is committed to supporting our community and wants to ensure it isn’t just a trend, but a way to practice what we preach. Enter our Diversity & Inclusion committee, made up of individuals from many departments and walks of life. The committee works year-round to support, educate and train our internal community, uphold our mission statement, and implement change. Some of our diversity and inclusion efforts at DAVIDsTEA include:
- Internal communications about important events and holidays
- Internal training courses addressing diversity, inclusion and related topics
- Efforts to create a more inclusive and welcoming environment, both in our corporate office and on our website, include: adding pronouns to email signatures and removing gendered language from products and website content to create a more inclusive environment
- Uplifting voices in marginalized communities when possible (Check out our Black History Month, Asian History Month & International Women’s Day highlights on Instagram!)
- Annual Giving Week donations to various environmental and ethical organizations that affect our industry and communities
DAVIDsTEA x It Gets Better Project
2019 – Launched our partnership with It Gets Better Project: donated 10% of proceeds from new blend Rainbow Lemonade. An exciting first “tea with purpose” campaign for DAVIDsTEA!
2020 – Giving Week – donated 10% of proceeds from Pride Collection (featuring Tie-Dye Butterfly & assorted hard goods).
2021 – Pride Month donation of 10% of proceeds from Rainbow Collection.