There’s nothing quite like a tea latte topped with a cloud of frothy milk. And guess what? You don’t need fancy equipment or a machine to achieve it. Get that milk moustache the old fashioned way.
Warm up your milk of choice in the microwave or on the stove top, and we’ll show you how froth it without a frother.
How to froth milk with a Mason Jar
- Add 1 cup of warm milk to a Mason jar and close the lid tightly.
- Wrap the jar in a dish cloth and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
Pro tip: Make sure the milk isn’t too hot – the build-up of pressure could cause quite the mess.
How to froth milk with a French Press
- Add 1 cup of warm milk to your French press.
- Carefully move the plunger up and down until the milk is frothy.
Pro tip: You want your milk warm, but not too hot. Similar to the Mason jar, the pressure could make for major milk splatter.
How to froth milk in a Blender
- Add 1 cup of warm milk to your blender and put the top on.
- Blend until frothy.
Pro-tip: Using a handheld blender? Just make sure the container is deep enough to contain the milk.